August 10, 2010
Quilt Bulletin Board
Hello friends! I have posted this bulletin board in the past, so it may look familiar to you. I have had many requests on how to make this Quilt Bulletin Board, so here you have the tutorial! This bulletin board is great for a sewing/craft room!
Items to Collect:
12" X 30" frame, acrylic craft paint, paintbrush, foam board, craft knife, 1/4" thick cork board, Spray adhesive, cotton batting, scissors, double-stick tape, piece of quilt fabric (fabric should be large enough to cover batting/cork/ foam-board insert, with extra fabric to allow for aligning pattern and wrapping to the back.) Picture points or brad nails, tacky glue, craft paper.
Let's get started!
1. Paint frame with your color choice of paint, then dry Brush with white craft paint Let dry.
2. Remove and measure frame backing. Using a craft knife, cut a piece of foam board to those measurements. Our frame backing measured 9" X 26".
3. With craft knife, cut a piece of cork board to the same measurements.
4. Following the adhesive manufacturer's instructions, spray one side of both the cork and the foam board with spray adhesive(see "spray" photo).
5. With scissors, cut a piece of batting to a size large enough to cover the front of the foam and cork assembly, including excess to wrap and secure on the back.(see "wrap batting" photo).
6. Apply a strip of double-stick tape along each long side on the back of the foam board. Center the board-and cork assembly over batting, wrapping excess batting onto the back. Secure batting to the tape.
7. Apply another strip of double-stick tape along each long side next to the batting. (see "wrap fabric" photo)
8. Insert the fabric-covered board into the back of the frame. Secure with picture points or brad nails.
9. Finish the frame back by cutting a piece of craft paper to fit the frame. Glue the paper to the frame back.
10. Hang your beautiful quilt bulletin board!
11. Deck the Halls of HOME with JOY!